Today is Mother’s Day and what do you give your best mom? Of course, flowers. But this year I wanted her to give, in addition to the flowers, something homemade. I made her decorative homemade chocolate bars. I’ve found this great idea on a page where you can create your own chocolate for some money. But I found it a bit impersonal and I got the desire to make it by myself. With love. :)
However, I must say that when you shop your ingredients, you have more expenses than if you ordered it online. But I must say that it’s really worth it! My mom was thrilled. She was much happier about the chocolate than about the flowers. She said it would be a shame to eat this pretty chocolate. My mom is so sweet haha.
The chocolate itself, I have not made by myself. I just bought couverture. And what ingredients will you do on the chocolate is up to you.
What you need:
- 150-200 g white, whole milk or bittersweet couverture chocolate
- edible petals
- dry fruits
- orange zest
- chocolate bar mold / kitchenfoil and clear film
- small pot / bowl
- bigger bowl (high-grade steel)
- make the chocolate small, so it can melt a lot better
- pour a small pot or bowl with hot water
- put a larger bowl with the chocolate on the small pot
- let the chocolate melt and stir from time to time. This may take up to 15 min.
- pour the melted chocolate in the chocolate bar mold
- if you don’t have one, take some kitchenfoil and form a mold. put in the kitchenfoil a clear film
- decorate the chocolate with your favorite ingredients immediately!
- let it sit for 1-2 hours at room temperatur
- put it in the fridge overnight or let it stay there for a few hours
Now wrap it nicely up und give it your beloved ones. :)
Have a nice mother’s day! ♥